Friday, February 10, 2012

24 weeks and nursery updates!

The big milestone of 24 weeks is here at 12am on 2-11-12.  This is the beginning of the viability window, a milestone I have never reached before and I am so excited!
Now, 24 weeks is still really early of course and survival is probably only about 50% according to my doctors but that increases each week of pregnancy.  Every week increases their chances so every day counts. Once you hit 27 weeks you move to 80% and 28 weeks somewhere between 90-95%.
My big goal right now is keeping infections away from baby and preventing infections also helps prevent PTL (preterm labor).  Something as simple as a bladder infection can cause your water to break or cause substantial contractions in my experience.

The wonderful thing is that I can now feel the baby move pretty consistently.  Sometimes he still has lazy days but if I want to wake him up all I have to do is put some music on my belly for him and he starts kicking!  It reassures me on a day to day basis that he is doing well, every time I feel him move is reassurance.

Although there was some confusion at my doctor's office, which I am hoping is straightened out now, we get to still go in every week and hear his HR!
Right now these are my treatment plans:
I am no longer getting a cervical length every week, only if I have problems or symptoms that something could be wrong.  Every week I get my 17 P injection, which the last two have been significantly less itchy and painful so let's hope that keeps up.  I have a urine analysis and culture done every week, we listen to his heart tones, I talk to the midwife about any concerns or changes I have and every 3 weeks we check his growth.
This last appointment I was pretty furious by the time I left because I was not getting the right treatments.  I had asked the week before and was told it would be checked into but then when we came in the next week no one seemed to remember that I had asked about that.  I requested to have to doctor call me because I was just getting frustrated and my questions were not being answered.

The doctor called me and confirmed that I was correct and they were not doing what they were supposed to.  For some reason I was being treated like a regular OB patient since I got the cerclage so my clinic appts were not being kept and I was just getting my injection.  The whole reason I had to move my appts to Tuesdays was to see the midwife so that made no sense.  I am going to have a fit if they screw up again next week!  I obviously understand how important it is to keep these infections away and be checking for them and I will not let something happen to my baby because I didn't want to step on toes or question what was happening.  Everyone at the office generally does a good job of explaining things to us but I really dislike when people are telling me all different things.

I have been so sore lately.  I'm sure it has somewhat to do with my muscles being weak from not being allowed to use them and resting so much.  I'm hoping I can slowly get back to doing more and more so I'm not totally out of shape and exhausted when the baby gets here.  I am having horrible round ligament pains.  My joints in my hips hurt the worst, it goes from between my legs all the way up to my belly.  It's hard for me to even lift up one leg right now without holding onto something!  The pain is also under and around the bottom of my stomach, just not a great feeling!  It seems that somedays are better than others and I'm hoping the good days will become more prominent!

Here is the bedding set we ordered!  It came in just the other day!  We didn't get everything in this room but the main stuff came with the set.  I am planning on painting our own wall art that will go along with this set!  I also have to figure out what color to paint the room.  We already have a blue carpet in that we aren't going to replace because it is pretty new.  Any ideas on paint colors?  We do not have and are not planning on getting the border considering it would cost a ridiculous amount of money (unless someone can find it cheaper LOL).  That would be a great way to separate two different wall colors.  I love to paint walls so any kind of ideas are appreciated!

We are planning on putting this little saying up somewhere on one of the walls in the nursery.  I just really loved it!

I am hoping these stick!  On the reviews half of the people said they didn't stick and the other half said they said they did so we will see!  We will have freshly painted walls so I'm hoping that will help?  

Here are some of my animal wall clings!  
We are planning on having a wall of large white cabinets in the nursery so I want to decorate them with some stickers that will be easily removable.  If you haven't guessed, I am the one who loves animals and dh had to give in to some kind of animal art :D


No comments:

Post a Comment