Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Purpose

This blog was created to help me and other women in similar situations heal and share information and experiences.  This blog was created to be a therapeutic outlet for me during my time of loss.  Please be sensitive to me and any others who leave comments on this blog.

I hope to increase awareness about miscarriage and the real women it happens to.
Miscarriage is a very personal experience but I hope to help others be able to discuss it more openly as I feel it helps create awareness and helps those of us heal who have experienced it.  I believe that all women should be aware of the signs, symptoms and real possibility of miscarriage.  I believe that everyone should take control of their medical care while collaborating with medical doctors to provide you with the best possible care.  If you don't understand what the doctor is telling you, ASK!  I encourage everyone to know as much as possible about their medical conditions, side effects and risks for their own safety and for the safety of their children and family.
One thing I have learned during this process is that all doctors are different and they all have different opinions, just like you and I.  One may tell you "yes, it is possible" while another may say "absolutely not".  That doesn't mean that either doctor is uneducated or doesn't care, they simply disagree and your best bet is to find out why they think what they do and choose the doctor that best fits your needs.

In no way am I giving medical advice on this blog, just sharing my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment