Monday, January 9, 2012

The First Milestone

19 weeks and 2 days today!

We made it past the first big milestone; making it past 18w5d which was the GA that Lindsey was born.  Every day is an accomplishment and we celebrate it.

There will always be fear lurking in the back of my mind, no matter how far along I am and from what I have been told and can imagine, even when your LO is safe in your arms you will still worry.  I guess we will just be protective and worrisome parents, but with that comes good things too.

I think we both understand how precious time is and how easily your life can change.  As you get older and experience more and more you realize that life isn't always rainbows and butterflies and that you really do have to embrace each moment.  I know I find myself enjoying simple moments and simple pleasures more often than ever and now I wonder why I didn't do that earlier in life.  Take time to smell the roses, as they say.  I can say that more than ever I cherish the time with my dh and all of my family and friends.  All of those moments are so special and I truly never realized how precious those moments were until we lost Lindsey.  Losing her was so tragic and so heartbreaking but she taught me so much.

I have been working on Lindsey's scrapbook lately and I am in the process of getting all of my pictures together of this little boy growing in me to start one for him.  I hope this is something that I can keep up throughout my life because I so much enjoy capturing the memories and documenting them and I hope someday our children will cherish them like we do.

Well, I should probably sleep since I've been sick.  I've been a little emotional lately so I'm having a hard time falling asleep tonight.  Who knows what it is but hormones is what I blame it on…most of the time anyway.  Hopefully I can post lots of pics tomorrow after a great ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment