Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Precious Little One

This poem was posted on Baby Center and it just really touched me!  Author unknown  
     Precious Little One 
    Precious, tiny little one
    You'll always be to me
    So perfect, pure and innocent -
    Part of Heaven's Family
    We dreamed of you and your life
    And all that it would be
    We waited and longed for you to come 
    And join our family
    We never had the chance to play, 
    To laugh, to rock, to wiggle
    We long to hold you, touch you now
    And listen to you giggle
    I'll always be your mother
    He'll always be your dad
    You'll always be our child
    The child that we had
    Now you're gone.......but yet you're here
    We sense you everywhere
    You're our sorrow and our joy
    There's love in every tear
     Just know our love goes deep and strong
     We'll forget you never
     The child we had but never had 
      And yet will have forever

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful poem.

    I just found your blog through the Pregnancy and Infant Loss Blog Directory and wanted to express how sorry I am for your losses. We lost our first son at 21 weeks on June 30, 2010 then we lost our second son at 21 weeks on February 8, 2011. Since then, I've been diagnosed with Incompetent Cervix(which I see you have that,also). I hope you're finding some peace in these months after your loss; I know how hard it is. Again, I'm sorry for your losses.

    ReplyDelete